MIPS Scoring Update Through Q2 – More Fallout From the Pandemic
All Systems 4PT practices have received their trending MIPS scores, through Q2 2020. The by-measure analysis included instructions on how to correct any non-perfect scores.
The bad news is that average trending 2020 MIPS scores are lower than 2019 Q2 scores. The reasons for the lower scoring are directly related to COVID 19.
But there is good news. With six months remaining in 2020 there is plenty of time for practices to react. Systems 4PT practices received by-measure instructions on how to increase their MIPS scores to a perfect 100 points.
Why it Matters
About 10% of therapists in outpatient rehab are required to report MIPS for calendar year 2020. Failure to deliver a qualifying score could result in 7% takebacks, ON TOP of the announced 8% cut in the Medicare fee schedule.
Many practices (who are not required to report MIPS) are voluntarily opting into MIPS 2020 hoping to earn bonus and reward dollars in 2022.
MIPS is the only way to offset some of the announced 8% cut in the Medicare fee schedule
The problem: Because of COVID 19, MIPS practices who are hoping for rewards are under performing and may be at risk of takebacks.
MIPS performance has been negatively impacted by the pandemic
There is plenty of time to react to these problems and maximize MIPS scoring
But reacting requires a YTD by-measure scoring analysis
This topic is aggravated by the fact that Systems4PT is the only EMR that updates practices on their trending score. Many practices pay A LOT of money for MIPS participation, but receive zero scoring feedback.
What You Should Do
Practices need to DEMAND that their EMR provide them with a YTD, by-measure MIPS scoring analysis.
Get ahold of your EMR. Talk to the boss, talk to the boss’s boss.
- You refuse to pay extra for MIPS when the EMR isn’t holding up their end of the deal.
- Since the EMR is not providing the feedback that would enable you to avoid takebacks, you are expecting the EMR to cover any MIPS penalties
Systems 4PT Is the Undisputed MIPS Authority in Outpatient Rehab
- We provide a 10-seond MIPS workflow
- Quarterly trending score updates with instructions on all under-performing measures
- QCDR MIPS submission
- At no extra charge
- Systems 4PT was the first EMR to ever achieve a perfect MIPS audit with our QCDR
- 93% of our practices participated in MIPS with a 95.6-point average score
- 63% of our practices scored a perfect 100-point MIPS score